Last Update: September 10th, 2020
Ezi App Service collects certain personally identifiable information about you, including information that is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Information”).
We require that you furnish your Contact Information and Financial Information when you register an account with us in order to provide services through the Ezi App Service Platform. For example, if you are a Customer, we collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, and your zip or postal code(GPS location) in order to create and administer your Ezi App Service account. We also collect additional information in order to facilitate your booking request, such as information about the Service Request, the time, date, textual and photographic content and location of the Service Request, and Financial Information. If you are a Service Provider, we collect your first and last name, email address, mobile phone number and zip or postal code, GPS location in order to create and administer your Ezi App Service account and facilitate communications between you and your Customers through the Platform. We also collect information about your Service Requests, rates, and skills, as well as Identity Information (Photo
id’s etc) and Financial Information. Examples of Information that Ezi App Service collects include but are not limited to:
- Contact Information. This may include your first and last name, postal address, telephone number, and email address.
- Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
- Identity Information. If you are a Service Provider, we may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth and address, national identification number if applicable, together with the result of criminal record checks as provided by you, or by our Third-Party Agents (as defined below), as applicable and to the extent permitted by law in your jurisdiction, and to validate your identity.
- Financial Information. To help Service Providers set up a payment account and help Customers make payments to Service Providers and pay fees to Ezi App Service, we may collect financial information, including credit card number, bank routing numbers, tax information, taxpayer identification number, and other payment information, as applicable. We do not store credit card details other than last 4 digits, and brand of the Credit Card.We use Financial Information in order to operate the Ezi App Service Platform and to ensure that Service Providers are paid by Customers. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our platform and services and to fulfill our contracts with Users. To keep your financial data secure, we have contracted with a third party to maintain and process your payment card information.
- Promotional Information. Certain offerings of the Ezi App Service Platform, such as newsletters, surveys, contests, and the like are optional and so you are not required to enter them or to give us your data in connection with them. Where you do consent to take advantage of Ezi App Service Platform offerings, we will use your data to (as applicable) send you newsletters and other communications that are tailored based on information we have about you, or to operate and manage the survey, contest or similar offering in connection with our legitimate interest in promoting our business and the Ezi App Service Platform.
- Content Information. You also may choose to send Ezi App Service Personal Information in an email or chat message containing inquiries about the Ezi App Service Platform and we use this Information to help us respond to your inquiry. We also collect content within any messages or photos you exchange with other Users through the Service (such as through our chat functionality), and we may use or share such non-user identifiable information for marketing purposes.
Information Ezi App Service Collects Automatically
Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating system, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address. When you visit and interact with the Ezi App Service Platform, Ezi App Service may collect certain information automatically through cookies or other technologies, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, your operating system, the type(s) of internet browser(s) you use, and information about the way you use the Ezi App Service Platform (“Device Information”). We may use Device Information to monitor the geographic regions from which Users navigate the Ezi App Service Platform, and for security and fraud prevention purposes. Use of any IP-masking technologies or similar technologies may render portions of the Ezi App Service Platform unavailable and are forbidden on the Ezi App Service Platform.
Location Data, including imprecise location data such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level, and, with your consent, precise location data. When you visit the Ezi App Service Platform via a native mobile application, we use, with your consent when required under applicable law, GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display a relevant location map. We will not share your current location obtained in this manner with other Users but we shall use this information to complete your user profile, and we may share your profile and/or your location with Customers and/or Service Providers for the delivery of the Services.
Cookies. When you visit websites, your browser may automatically transmit information to these websites throughout the visit. In a similar way, when you use our mobile applications, we will access and use mobile device IDs to recognize your device. We use “cookies” and equivalent technologies to collect information through our Site and Apps. Cookies are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We also use analytics tracking software’s provided by Google – Firebase Analytics.
Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Platform. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings. We utilize persistent cookies that only Ezi App Service can read and use, and access mobile device IDs to:
- save your login information for future logins to the Ezi App Service Platform;
- assist in processing items during checkout;
- hold session information; and
- track user preferences.
Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. We utilize session ID cookies and similar technologies to:
- enable certain features of the Ezi App Service Platform;
- better understand how you interact with the Sites/Apps and the Ezi App Service Platform;
- monitor usage by our Users and web traffic routing on the Ezi App Service Platform;
- track the number of entries in Ezi App Service promotions, sweepstakes, and contests; and
identify visited areas of the Ezi App Service Platform
How We Use Your Information
Our primary goal in collecting your information is to provide you with an enhanced experience when using the Services. We use your information to closely monitor which features of the Services are used most, to allow you to view your job history, job information, and to determine which features we need to focus on improving, including usage patterns and geographic locations to determine where we should offer or focus services, features and/or resources.
We also use information that we collect about you or that you provide us:
- To operate and make available our Platform. We use your data to connect you with other Users to enable the posting of, selection for, completion of, and payment for Service Requests, in order to fulfil our contracts with Users;
- For billing and fraud prevention, on the basis of our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Customers and Service Providers can meet and conduct business, and in order to comply with our legal obligations;
- To conduct identification, criminal background, and right to work checks, if applicable, and to the extent permitted by local law, on Users, in order to advance our legitimate interests as well as for the substantial public interest of ensuring the safety of our Users both online and offline, preventing or detecting unlawful acts, protecting the public against dishonesty, and maintaining the integrity of the Ezi App Service Platform given that Service Providers often interact directly with Customers and may enter their homes;
- To analyse Ezi App Service Platform usage as necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the Ezi App Service Platform to grow our business;
- To contact you and deliver (via email, SMS, push notifications, or otherwise) transactional information, administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of the Ezi App Service Platform, with your consent when required under applicable law, as necessary for our legitimate interests in proper communication and engagement with our Users and in promoting our business;
- To provide you with customer support in order to fulfil our contracts with Users;
- For internal market research for our legitimate interest in improving the Ezi App Service Platform to grow our business;
- For troubleshooting problems for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Users can meet;
- To assist Users in the resolution of complaints and disputes between them, as necessary for our legitimate interests in facilitating good relations among Users;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and our legitimate interests in ensuring our Agreement is complied with; and
- As otherwise set forth in the Agreement, to show users’ profiles to one another.
- To improve the User Experience.
- To provide, develop and improve Ezi App and its services, including to make assessments and recommendations about the Service.
- To notify about changes of our Site/App or any services that we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site/App.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We also collect Users Personal Information for administrative purposes, such as addressing account and troubleshooting Site/App issues, investigating abuse on the Site/App, responding to User inquiries and enforcing and applying our Terms and Conditions of Service.
Ezi App uses IP addresses for systems administration purposes. We do not link IP address to any information that is personally identifiable.
However, we may also release Personal Information or other information we collect, if we believe that such action is necessary to: (I) comply with legal requirements and processes; (II) identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who are or we believe have caused or might cause injury to us or a third party; (III) defend or respond to claims brought or threatened against us, our employees, service providers, users of our Services or others; (IV) vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions; and/or (V) otherwise to protect, assert rights, interests of Ezi App and of our employees, service providers, Users of the Services or others. Any such release decisions may be made by us in our sole discretion.
While we try to be selective in working with third parties, we are not responsible for their use of your personal information.
In addition, since member information on our Site/App is a business asset, in case we are reorganized or sold to or merged with another company, we may sell, assign, or transfer your personal information to a purchaser of all or substantially all of our business assets, or to an affiliate, as applicable.
Third Party Agents. We share information, including Identity Information, with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes such as Stripe and ModoHR. Third Party Agents assist us with services such as payment processing, background checks, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, fraud prevention and detection, communication services, and technical support. We contractually prohibit our Third Party Agents from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purposes other than performing the services for us, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
Third Party Platforms: In order to provide you the best service Ezi App gets connected to various third-party devices and services such as Stripe and ModoHR. Such Third-Party Sites/Apps may send you messages and pop-ups/advertisement banners while you are using the Site/App. However, such messages and advertisements are fully controlled by us and no Third Party shall be able to send Users messages or advertise their services on our platform without Ezi App discretion. The Site/App may link to, or be linked to, other Sites/Apps not maintained by us. Ezi App is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third parties or third-party Sites/Apps, including any linked or linking Apps. To the extent that you disclose personally identifiable information to any such third parties, different rules may apply to their use and disclosure of personal information that you disclose to them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such Sites/Apps before disclosing your personal information to them. If you link to Third Party Sites/Apps, you may be subject to those Third-Party Sites/Apps’ terms and conditions and other policies. Ezi App makes no representation or guarantee as to the accuracy or authenticity of the information contained in any such Third-Party Sites/App, and your linking to any other Site/App is completely at your own risk and Ezi App disclaims all liability thereto
Opting Out or Unsubscribe.
We collect your name and e-mail address for the purpose of distributing our daily, weekly or monthly newsletter service. The e-mail address provided will be used for delivery of information you have requested from this Site/App.
The information we collect is used expressly to provide the services requested. It is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes. We will never sell or rent your email address for any reason.
Our Subscriptions are in compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL), as amended on of July 1, 2014
To unsubscribe from our emails or other communications from us, you may follow the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or sign onto your account and change settings. However, this section does not cover the messages and advertisements you may receive within the Site/App.
How Long Is This Data Stored For?
We retain your data as long as your account subsists with us. However, it may be noted that on closure of the account the data with us does not get deleted immediately. In the event you desire immediate deletion of your data you may email us to that effect.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site/App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
User Data Rights
Our Services are not intended for or directed to children. Children under 13 are not eligible to use our Services. Our policies are compliant with Canadian Child Welfare Research Portal of Canada and Protection Act By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 13 years old and understand that you must be at least 13 years old in order to create an account and purchase the Services advertised through our platform. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children younger than the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to delete or destroy such information from our records.
Your Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulations
If you are a member of the EU, you have the following rights:
Request More Information. You can request more information about the data we collect should you wish to learn more or for any reason. Or if you wish to make a complaint.
Access Any Data We Have Collected. You can request to see exactly what data we have collected that is of a personally identifiable nature.
Update Any Data We Have Collected. You may request that any or all personally identifiable information we have collected be rectified, modified, or otherwise updated.
Delete Any or All Data We Have Collected. You may request that any or all personally identifiable information we have collected be deleted and removed from our records.
Withdraw Your Consent to The Collection and Use of Your Data. You may withdraw your consent to the collection of your data at any time
In order to exercise any of these rights, simply contact us.
Right to Access or Correct Personal Information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. If you want to review or correct your personal information, you can visit your account profile page, or you may send us an email through the contact information section located at https://ezi-app.com/contact/
Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavour to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete, or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information.